This interesting photo shows us a gathering of motorcyclists and their machines in front of the Motorcycle & Supply Company, a Harley-Davidson agency that was located at 209 Fourth Street in Portland, Oregon. In 1913, The Oregonian reported about the first endurance run from Portland to Corvallis and back by the Rose City Motorcycle Club with 37 riders participating. This image may be connected to that or a similar event. The advertisement below by Motorcycle & Supply Company tells of a 428 mile endurance run.
The majority of the machines lined up here are Harley-Davidson’s, but a closer look at the photo will also show you a Flying Merkel, a Dayton, possibly a pair of Clevelands and one or two British machines. Left to right are the Rathskeller Bar, the Motorcycle & Supply Company, a billiard and pool hall, the Hotel Rowland and at the very right-hand top side of the photo the F.P. Keenan Company, who earlier sold hardware but, at the time this photo was taken, sold Pope Motorcycles and automobile and bicycle supplies. The photos are courtesy of the City of Portland Archives
Read the full post with mode photo details at http://theoldmotor.com/?p=110782